Do you want to learn Spanish? There’s no better place to do it than right here in Oaxaca!
Check out our guide to the city’s best Spanish schools and find the one that’s right for you.
Amigos del Sol
Amigos del Sol is a small Spanish language school in the suburb of San Felipe. We’ve been teaching Spanish since 1998 and our professional teachers are all native speakers and university trained. They have many years of experience teaching Spanish at all levels.
Here at Amigos del Sol our classes are small, with only 3 students per class at the same Spanish level. This gives each student more opportunities to speak and learn. We have a number of courses available, including:
• Spanish for Everyone: Conversational Spanish while learning grammar.
• Spanish for Travellers: This course focuses on daily situations such as restaurants, stores, bus stations,
and other common travel situations.
• Spanish for Universities: We offer tailor-made courses to visiting university groups.
• Spanish for Total Immersion: This course includes 3 or more hours of Spanish each day, an
intercambio, and a home stay with a local family.
• We also offer Medical Spanish classes, ‘Spanish on the Road‘ – an opportunity to learn and practice
Spanish while exploring the City of Oaxaca, and private lessons.
Our schedules are flexible and range from short one day courses (eg Spanish for Travellers) to intensive 30 hour per week courses. You can see more informaton regarding schedules and pricing on our website. You can start any day of the week (Monday – Sunday) and discounts are available for groups or multiple weeks.
We also offer extra activities such as intercambios, tours, cooking classes and a transportation service.
Our school is located in the suburb of San Felipe, ten mintues from the centre of Oaxaca. If you’re staying in the centre of town we can provide transport to and from the school. We can also help you arrange your accmmodation and have many homestay options with local families.
We are involved in the local community and offer English lessons through our special program for adult learners and children.
Contact us to find out more and book your classes!
+52 1 951 196 80 39
Becari Conzatti is a medium size, dynamic Spanish language school geared towards highest quality academic teaching and active learning services. More than 40% of our students join through personal recommendations of former clients.
We host students of every age, from 4 year old kids to seniors as well as groups from universities in the USA and Europe. The average age of our students is around 35 years and the nationality mix is roughly 70% Americans, 15% Europeans, 5% Asian and 10% others.
We offer programs of 3, 4 or 6 hours of Spanish lessons, or alternatively 4 hours tuition plus a 2 hour workshop, every day from Monday to Friday. Most of our students prefer the 9am to 1pm program and then organise their afternoon activities as the week advances. This can be done through Becari or individually. Intermediate and advanced students can engage in historical, cultural, political and artistic activities plus a range of other topics.
We also offer the Volunteer Program which consists of 4 hours of volunteering and 3 or 4 hours of Spanish lessons. You can decide if you want to have your classes privately or in a group. You will also get a 10% discount on the regular tuition prices. The Volunteer Program enrolment fee goes directly to the organisation as a donation from you. Your classes will be in the afternoon from 3pm until either 6pm or 7pm, depending on your program . Your volunteer work will be from 9am – 1pm everyday except Saturdays.
Our Salsa Dance Program consists of two hours of Spanish lessons and two hours of professional salsa dance through Salsa Retreat.
A homestay with a carefully selected Mexican family will cost $140USD per week including breakfast. Your host family will pick you up at the Oaxaca International Airport upon arrival. If you prefer to stay in a hotel or apartment we can recommend two hotels which are located only a 5-10 minute walk from Becari. There is also a nice bed and breakfast just across the street from our school which costs $18USD per night.
Included in the standard tuition price is a series of ‘Cultural Wednesday’ lectures with local personalities. These lectures are 1 – 2 hours long and include speakers such as women from local indigenous communities who will discuss their way of living, yoga teachers, painters, alebrije makers. We also screen Mexican movies on Friday afternoons.
In addition Becari offers free language ‘intercambios’ with local English students and free internet access on two computers from 9am to 7pm. We also offer the following workshops: salsa dance, traditional weaving, cooking, wooden animal carving (alebrijes), and guitar lessons. Excursions and workshops take place every day and are usually arranged on the spot. There is an additional cost of $5-10USD per workshop or excursion.
+52 951 151 8629
Becari M. Bravo
Learn Spanish and live the Culture with us.
We are very happy to introduce you to Becari M. Bravo. We are located a few blocks north of the zócalo (main square) in a three hundred year old building. We have been teaching Spanish as a Second Language for more than 20 years and specialize in offering many different options for any person interested in learning our beautiful Spanish language. We are a medium size school with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere which prides itself on careful and sustained attention to each student regardless of his or her level of proficiency. Our staff of qualified teachers have ample experience in the field of Spanish as a second language.
At Becari M. Bravo we offer different programs according to the student’s individual needs, making it possible to advance more rapidly in one’s knowledge and practice of Spanish. We emphasize in oral communication and grammar lessons tailored to the student’s level of Spanish.
We welcome every new situation we encounter in the wide range of students who come to our school.
Our regular program consists of three hour classes in small groups, five days a week, divided into two sessions with a different teacher for each session. The intensive program includes four hour classes, divided evenly between two different teachers. The super intensive program of six hours daily is also divided between two or three teachers.
Special Programs and packages:
1.- One on one lessons
2.-Spanish for volunteers
3.- Health professionals (social workers)
4.- Medical Spanish
5.- Spanish for children
6.- Zapotec lessons
7.- Keeping mi español (2 to 4 hours of lessons per week, special package for retired students)
8.- Extend your Spanish via Skype
Becari M. Bravo is flexible in its scheduling, and a student can enter for as little as one day or for a lengthy, indefinite period of study.
Our Mexican teachers are all certified experts in teaching the essential skills of writing, reading, speaking and listening to our beautiful language.
Becari M. Bravo is convinced that our students can really master Spanish if they understand the cultural and historical aspects of Latin America and Mexico. We therefore provide additional opportunities to extend their learning by living with a Mexican host family and/or learning about Pre-Hispanic culture, Latin America/Mexico history, literature and politics. This could be through extra activities like special workshops that include classes in salsa dancing, Mexican cooking, weaving lessons and ceramics as well as art lectures and films.
We want to offer our students an unforgettable stay in Oaxaca!
+52 951 135 6182
Español Interactivo Language School
At Español Interactivo Language School, we focus on teaching you Spanish and developing your conversational skills. Our instruction is designed to develop, improve and/or perfect conversational ability, and Spanish grammar in a motivating atmosphere.
Why Español Interactivo?
● PRACTICE SPEAKING: In the classroom, exploring Oaxaca, or a combination of both. Our courses are as intensive and for as long as you need.
● PERSONALISE YOUR EXCURSIONS: To surrounding villages, or sites within the city, that focus on the Spanish you’ve learned in class and enhance your cultural education: exploring gastronomy, art, whatever interests you.
● QUICKER, PERSONALISED LEARNING: We plan learning strategies with you and monitor your progress, with the goal of improving your oral expression.
● 19 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: Courses approved by FIDESCU and Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca. We are also a founding member of ASESEO (Asociación de Escuelas de Español de Oaxaca).
We teach you to communicate effectively, by constantly giving you opportunities to express your own ideas, and understand others’ ideas.
Conversational skills are the objective. Our class materials contain relevant language meant for practical usage and designed to enhance your creativity: like a Lego set that helps structure your ideas, you will learn how to use this Spanish to communicate, starting on Day 1 of your course.
Stay with a local family and experience Mexican culture firsthand. Families live just around the corner from our school, or maximum four blocks away from us and the zócalo. Please fill out our online registration form which will give us your arrival and departure dates, as well as any specific requirements you may have.
With all intensive courses you have the option of combining regular class time with specialised sessions, such as:
Please contact us for more information, we’ll be happy to answer any questions!
+52 1 552 532 2413
IMAC Spanish Language Program
We are not just another beach location. Guadalajara is the birthplace to the most iconic symbols of Mexico; Mariachi, Tequila, Traditional Mexican Cuisine and Folkloric Traditions.
We are the most accredited Spanish language school in Mexico. Our school has over forty years of language teaching experience, and is the only Spanish language school in our country to hold accreditation for all of the following:
• Accredited by Instituto Cervantes/The Spanish Ministry for Education since 2009.
• Accredited by the Mexican Secretary of Education since 1977.
• Accredited DELE testing center since 2009.
• Bildungsurlaub accredited in eight German federal states.
• CENNI. The only Spanish language school accredited by the government of Mexico.
Academic standards are obviously high while our classes are filled with enjoyable and fun activities.
• Group lessons of no more than 10 students per class. New group courses begin every Monday. Beginners start every two weeks.
• Private lessons begin on any weekday.
• All Inclusive programs: Spanish course plus accommodation and airport transportation for one low price.
• Specialty Spanish programs for specific purposes/career fields.
• Work and Study Program This program offers you a guaranteed paid job placement in Mexico as an accredited and certified English teacher, including direct employment contacts worldwide.
• Bildungsurlaub program For all German nationals, Spanish immersion program for professional development.
• Spanish for University and College Groups We invite individuals, institutions and groups interested in establishing a study abroad program in Mexico to contact us.
• Corporate Culture Program Learn and improve your Spanish while gaining professional experience.
• Study and Volunteer program This is a great way to learn Spanish while giving back to communities in Mexico.
• DELE (Diplomas of Spanish) exams and DELE preparation courses.
• Accommodation: Unique homestay program, only one student per family, three daily meals and private room. Hostels, apartments and hotels also available.
• Excursions to historical and interesting sites outside of our city.
IMAC Spanish Language Programs
Donato Guerra No 180 (Historic Downtown Area)
Guadalajara, Jalisco. Mexico 44100
Toll Free from:
New Zealand: 0-800-449-282
Skype us at: imacspanishlanguageprograms
International calls: +52 (33) 3614-1414
Spanish Immersion School
The Spanish Immersion School is committed to teaching you Spanish and sharing with you the wonderful diversity of Oaxaca. We do this by holding classes in important cultural settings around the city and by hosting students on amazing excursions to points of interest all around the valley.
We offer individual tailor-made lessons in cultural settings around the city such as libraries, parks and cafes as well as at the residence where students are staying. This gives you an opportunity to work comfortably in the areas of Spanish language where you have most interest. It also enables our teachers to focus on your individual aims and interests, helping you improve your Spanish in a way that’s relevant to you.
Our students can decide how many hours of instruction they want per week, and when the course begins and ends. A private teacher will work with the student to develop an individualised curriculum that addresses the student’s specific needs and Spanish requirements. The custom-tailored curriculum can include:
• Communication Skills • Pronunciation & • Vocabulary Building
• Writing Skills • Listening Skills • Grammar Review
Private Classes are available Monday to Friday, between 9am and 7pm, and evening and weekend classes are available upon request. We also offer classes via Skype.
Please contact us to discuss your specific goals. We will be happy to put together a program that fits your needs and schedule.